John'aLee would appreciate star blocks in muted colors of red, blue, and white.
I used a pattern from Sew We Quilt by guest blogger, Jennifer, called Starflower. I liked the ease of the pattern and especially thought the name was suitable ~ a compound word that seems to come together and relate to each person of the couple.
I've had the pieces cut and ready for a few days, and now that my glass class is behind me, I was able to focus on some sewing. The tutorial was concise and easy to follow. Here's the first one I made.
I haven't made too many blocks, but after making 6 Jacob's Ladder blocks (thanks to my terrific quilt mentor, Freda), this one seemed a bit easier.
You still have time to contribute if you'd like, as John'aLee would like to receive them by the end of October.
I plan to make a few more and send them on to John'aLee next week at
The Scrappy Appleyard
3218 Knobview Drive
Nashville, TN 37214
My thoughts and prayers are with Tori and all the families.