Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More blocks completed and...

Remember yesterday's photo?

something kept nagging me about the blocks on the left side.
 I stared at it for quite awhile, and discovered an error.  


Do you see it?

 Yep, there it is.

I tore it out and turned it.

All better now, put back on the board, and stared at the other blocks.
Found another TWO wonkies in a single block!
There they are!


Arg.  They'll get fixed next.

In other bad news, I ran out of the floral fabric...well, scratch that...I had mistakenly cut the rest of my floral fabric into HSTs, forgetting the need for the 9-patch, (derrr) so I had to improvise.  Joann's didn't have any large scale pink florals, so I opted for this smaller print (shown with my HST).
It should blend in nicely.  Now to figure out a backing!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one finding oopsies... I hate you had to do some unsewing but better you find them now than after the quilt is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow other than the few mistakes you found your quilt is coming along. Don't worry every quilter makes mistakes. I'm just glad you were able to find yours before you pieced the top together and started quilting. I like to use a flat sheet for the backings on the quilts I do. It is so much easier and all one piece.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!