Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Design Board

I stole this joke from a FB friend; it's somewhat related to sewing (and a whole lot related to me):

The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was
Sir Cumference.  
He acquired his size from too much pi.

ROFL!  Now Pick yourself up and check out my new addition to the sewing/guest room!  It took a little extra  time, but worth the wait.  Because Mr. T is a full time student, it was on hold a few days until projects and tests were completed.
The screw holes still need spackling, but I'll get to it later.

The pink blocks are for the Jacob's Ladder quilt of course.  On the left, I arranged the 5 inch squares (from the new stash!) for a baby quilt, hoping completion of a smaller project would spur me on to 'loftier' quilts (heh).

The design board was made with some felt yardage on sale, (it is recycled something...water bottles?) and we covered a 4ft x 8 ft sheet of 1/2 inch polystyrene sheathing (used for insulating homes...less than $10).
 
My handy hubby routed some wood to form a cleat, which holds the board in place on top and down one side.  On the left side, he used a washer and screw for support.
Below was my first design "wall", an improv using a black felt scrap I had from something I made for my son a few years ago.

Note the gap on bottom left...
I used a glue stick on the door to complete the blocks :-)

3 comments:

  1. Looking good Cis- what a super ider- and Wally is such a handy man too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design wall! Love it... your sewing/quilting room is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is wonderful to be able to have a dedicated space for sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!