Saturday, August 25, 2012

Quilt Top: Pinafore Print

I ran out of time and steam, but as promised, here it is almost complete.


The design is from (surprise, surprise) a Kaffe Fassett book, "Glorious Patchwork".   He calls it "Pinafore Print" quilt, as his fabrics are reminiscent of grandma's aprons.  I guess the prints I chose would qualify.

I gathered mostly medium prints from various places, and fussed with the arrangement of the patterns and colors for days, before and during cutting.

Flowers just thrill me, and this diamond pattern shows them off beautifully in their soft blues and pinks.
{side view}
This is a preliminary quilt to the next one, which I wanted to be sure I was able to do correctly.  I've been collecting the fabrics for it for months, and plan to begin the cutting sometime next week. {Squeal!}

3 comments:

  1. really pretty Cis- this reminds me of our skirt and vest that Granny E. made us years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely! Love Kaffe anything and the Pinafore Print pattern is fab! And here you are with another quilt in the wings already! I would say the quilting bug has bitten you for sure!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    Love, love, love your quilt top it is so pretty. To me it looks like paths in a flower garden.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!