Friday, March 23, 2012

Rag Quilts and Treasures

I haven't been completely slacking, but having way too much fun making rag quilts kind of similar to this adorable one.
 (Photo credit Creations by Kara)

for some very special people.   I know...I have too many projects ongoing, but these 2 gift projects could not wait.   

Thanks to Creations by Kara for the excellent tutorial, rife with photos like this one!  I'm a visual learner.
  (Photo credit Creations by Kara)

I'll show and tell the ones I've made, once the recipients are all snuggled up with them.

And today I'm going to muster up the courage to quilt the froggie quilt.  Since I don't own a walking foot, I've been a bit leery.

Til next time, check out my treasure finds from craigslist:

<= Fleece

Velour =>








Fun color!  And I need shelving ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I made a rag quilt once.....

    You've made out like a bandit on Craigslist, gf! Those are some great fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, Ooo can not wait to see your rag quilts I've always wanted to do one since I seen one made with old blue jeans. I do not have a walking foot either I drop the feed dogs and hand guide the fabric. It also helps to have your layers well pinned together or basted so the backing does not pucker.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out Cynthia!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!