Saturday, May 19, 2012

FNSI: What's wrong with this picture?

  Do YOU see it?

Participating in the May Friday Night Sew In, I spent the evening re-sewing and re-pressing seams in my Jacob's Ladder blocks.  I had finished all the blocks Wednesday...or sew I thought.  That evening I spread them out on the floor, arranging them in prep for sewing together and was confounded when they wouldn't match up.

Sing with me now: 
musical_note_3_dennis_bo_01"One of these things is not like the other...
                              one of these things is kinda the same."

Finally figured out that the problem was my incorrect piecing on a few of them.  Grrrr!  But I found more and more until frustration set in and I had just decided to go ahead and sew them all together and be done.

BUT...
Fortunately, before sewing blocks together, I made a quick *whine* to my buddy,
the quilting Empress, who  graciously commiserated with me.  She encouraged me to work on a couple blocks each day ~  I'm so thankful for that!  Think I woulda regretted leaving them wrong.

I've ripped and resewn all of them.  
 Yep, this many.

I figure what happened is, upon shifting to the new floral fabric, I lost my focus and attended to the floral path down one diagonal, and the damask path down the opposing diagonal...ignoring the all important ladder effect.  Phooey (and more).

All pressed and ready to sew rows together. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    I feel for you this is a confussing pattern and very easy to twist thinks around, but I am glad that you followed the advise of your friend and fixed the problem. This quilt is going to be gorgeous when you are finished with it and well worth the trouble. Looking forward to seeing the next step in your quilts journey.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!