Since little Vanya and baby Stepan have received them, I wanted to present them here for your viewing pleasure. Knowing that the daddy is fond of pirates, I cut this fabric for a rag quilt. (Didn't have a 4" square template, so I used my bench marver ~ a glass torching tool):
And used soft blue flannels in between
and for the back. Woops, notice anything?
There it is: A "front" square snuck in on the back.
Ask me if I ripped it out.
I kept with the pirate theme and made a fun pillow case for the toddler.
Since I couldn't decide which blue to use for the top, I made a wave with the two.
My first time improvising a cut, and I was thrilled that it worked!
I posted progress of this Frog quilt, but wanted to show it with the pillowcase sent.
And a pillowcase for the mommy, who likes koshka... I mean kitties.
The daddy is a professional illustrator of children's books, and a big fan of Monstas, so he's sleeping sweetly on this:
I used the Hot Dog method to make the cases:
The outer fabric is the bun/border
while the inside is the hotdog/pillowcase.
I like the way these turn out, and have plans for more!