Monday, July 14, 2014

Bella Babushka, Beach Blanket, and Birthday

Happy Birthday to me!

(borrowed photo)

I finished the Bella Babushka quilt top, and purchased the backing so it's ready for the long arm. 

I adjusted the twin size pattern to create one for my queen bed.


This gorgeous 108" purple fabric is perfect for backing, as was the price!  The width makes it so much easier for such a large quilt.


Also working on several other sewing projects while keeping up with my glass bead making.  I decided to make a summer lap quilt for the den and chose the "BEACH" design from Kaffe Fassett's Quilts in Sweden book.   


Some of the fabric is out of production, but I managed to round it up here and there.  And the kind lady at Glorious Color robbed enough of the border fabric from some sample kits for me.

Love all these bright colors!  They're so Happy!

The design wall isn't quite tall enough for all the rows.

Sandwiched and ready, I've started the quilting of this 50" x 60" myself, on the mid-arm Janome I purchased last year.

I set up and use my 6 ft market tables to make it easier to maneuver, with the tables handling the bulk of the quilt.  Now I've had to remove it from the tables so I can use them at the Monday market.

Lots more projects in the works to show next time and hopefully a finish!

2 comments:

  1. Cis- great job on the quilts- love the dolls and the colors in the beach quilt are soooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.... love these projects!

    I enjoy the challenge of fabric hunting... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!