Friday, September 30, 2016

A FINISH!

Remember these blocks? {link} that I started way back? Way back, even before I had a design wall!

http://quiltingpost.blogspot.com/2012/05/summer-in-park.html

It's been - well I won't say how long ago...the link reveals my shame. :-)

I had been quilting less than a year when I started it.
The pattern is Summer in the Park {link} by MSQC and finally, the blocks are a quilt.


A fun batik jelly roll and some white-on-white, cut and sewn to create tubes that are then cut into squares that look like this.

When so arranged, 4 of them can take on the appearance of large diamond blocks, and there's more than one option for lay outs.



The finish measures 52 x 52, a good sized lap quilt. I did piecing a while back, on an ancient blue Janome. The quilting was done on my Janome machine which has a throat (or bed) large enough to accommodate a queen size. For the white sections I used white, and then some fun variegated thread to quilt the border. Too bad I didn't snap a pick of the border, but here's what I used:

I pieced the backing using a variety of white-on-white fabric scraps.

This quilt was a gift for a friend's new home. I like the pattern so much, I would love to make another. Next time, it's fabrics from the Kaffe Fassett Collection in my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!