Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jacob's [extension] Ladder

Hee-hee...
After many months (I'm not telling), the very first quilt I ever started.....is complete!
I actually finished about a week ago, woohoo!!!
Recap:  Having never made a quilt, last year I joined a cyber-quilt-along (QAL) to create the "Jacob's Ladder" design. 

Thankfully, I was offered a private lesson in cutting and piecing techniques, which proved invaluable...but I still managed to make plenty of mistakes.
 


 Fast forward to last week, putting the finishing touches on...
stitching in the ditch at the border.
 

Then I meandered the borders to match the quilting by Gail.

The backside
I will add a label at some point, but this rosy-cozy flower garden is ready to wrap me in warmth and beauty come winter!

***With heartfelt gratitude to my quilting guru, the Empress of the Universe, for her time and talents spent on tutoring me in the art of machine piecing.

3 comments:

  1. So lovely.... congratulations on such a fantastic finish! Ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cynthia it is gorgeous! Congratulations on a job well done. I can see you wrapped up in this beauty come winter.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!